Subject: Re: [Leica] M and R "standard" lens
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:27:11 -0700

Dear James,
I think that you were reading someone's opinion. Really there is no such
thing as a "standard lens." I prefer lenses that approximate the diagonal of
the film size, but many people like a wider or narrower angle of view,
regardless of the camera type. Happy holidays to all.
Sincerely,
Joe Stephenson
+++++++++
A recent message (I cannot now find it) said something on the lines that
the 35mm lens tended to be standard for an M camera, but it was the 50mm
for the R.
This was very interesting, if generally true.  Can anyone suggest why this
might be so?  Might it be because you can work closer with an M?
Regards.
JH