Subject: [Leica] Shooting Transparencies
From: drodgers@nextlink.net
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:32:02 -0800

I started  shooting some chrome film recently, initially to compare my
Leica and Contax lenses for the heck of it.  Now I'm hooked. I ended up
replacing my old projector with a new Ektragraphic. I bought a new screen
(my old one had yellowed). I bought and shot a 50 roll brick of E100S over
three months. That's more chrome film than I'd shot the previous decade.

I learned a few things. First, there are few activites more relaxing and
enjoyable than sitting back and viewing slides projected onto a big screen.
Further, shooting chrome film -- vs b/w & color neg film --  forced me to
look at things a little differently. It was a wakeup call of sorts. I had
been shooting chrome film for little jobs here and there. But not for fun.
I'd forgotton what a blast it is to put together and view a slide show. To
think, I almost bought a scanner instead of a good projector.  I already
spend too much time in front of a monitor.

Dave