Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] M and R "standard" lens
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:15:13 -0600

Monday, Monday, December 21, 1998, Eric Welch wrote:

>  Those faster wide angles are available with Nikon if you're talking
> manual focus. Forget Canon, except for the new 35 1.4 aspherical.

Eric,

Clue  in please.;) Canon has 24 1.4L, 35 1.4L, 50 1.0L and 85 1.2L all
really  nice  glass. The 24 is unmatched for speed and focal length as
far  as I know, and is ASPH to boot. I have one and use it and it is a
quite nice piece of glass.

Yes  Canon  did just come out with the 35, but the 24 has been out for
awhile now. As has the 50 and 85. The 85 was even available in the old
FD mount.

Best regards,
 Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com
mailto:hmcclary@earthlink.net

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.