Subject: RE: [Leica] "standard camera"
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 07:37:37 -0500

My only thoughts are the following:
Why invest all that money in a "state-of-the-art" body only to couple it
with an "independent" lens rather than the best the camera manufacturer
offers? (F5-Tameron) combo?

When I purchased my M6 18 months ago it was $2495 - rebate - or $2195 - Now
they are selling new for about $1700 or less. This is not to suggest that 10
years from now the M body you purchase today won't be worth more than a
10-year-old F5, but it does suggest that if you want to invest, put your
money in real estate, stocks, etc. The question is, which camera wil best
serve your needs?