Subject: RE: [Leica] I Object
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 18:11:24 -0800

Ken Lee wrote:

>Buzz,
>
>I guess it is all in your outlook.  Since first used here (Ted I think?), I
>have considered "happy-snaps."  to have a very positive meaning.  They are
>the best pictures you take of family and friends.They mean a lot to you >>>>

Hi Ken,

Well thank goodness somebody had my "Happy Snap" description in the right
context for heavans sake. Hell I've used that as a "complimentary" meaning
for more years than I want to count and let me assure everyone and that
includes __Buzz who seems to have taken this in a negative sense___ "Please
lighten up!"

"Happy Snaps" are just what Ken has described! They are fun pictures of
friend and family and those sort of frivolous and fun things we do when
"happy snapping life about us without care or concern!

Damn, some of you guys are so all fired up negative about life, description
and word meaning it's no wonder the world is going to hell in a broken
Leica box!

Does "Happy" not have a positive conatation? It did the last time I looked
it up! So why get all fired - up neagtive and making a great big thing out
of a complete misinterpretation of one word!

Hello out there, there is more to life and photgraphy than taking it so
damn serious that everything has to fit into some kind of regulated word
box that doesn't allow one to appreciate some people take pictures for
nothing more than "Happy Snaps"

And I don't care if they have thousands and thousands of dollars in Leica
gear, who the hell cares. Get real here, "Happy Snaps" are sometimes made
with a 400 2.8 or 70-180 2.8 or the the most beat-up old lens and Leica one
might own.

And to read anything else into "Happy Snaps", other than happy snaps and
fun, one may need an appointment with one of the good lads of the "shrink"
persuation! :)
ted

>and make you happy.  I look forward to taking a lot of happy snaps this
>Holiday Season my regular M6 loaded with colour neg film, and my HM loaded
>with TMX and the 75mm lux on the front of it.
>
>Happy holidays....
>
>Ken

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant