Subject: Re: [Leica] BEST WISHES AND TWO QUESTIONS
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:51:04 -0600

> I bought the R4-S instead of the R4
>because I figured that a simpler camera would be more reliable.  Is the
>distributor correct?<G!>

The R4sP is the most reliable of the R4 series. I have quite a few R4
cameras from early to late. They are not as reliable as some cameras, but I
had no more reliability problems than my coworkers with Nikon, Canon (MF
and EOS) and Pentax. Of course, what we pay should mean they're better, but
that wasn't the case. My R8 has yet to be a problem for me - except for
rewind with the winder, which Ernst Hartman will fix if I can ever give it
up long enough to do the job. :-)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot