Subject: [Leica] RE: "standard camera"
From: paulm.franz@ps.ge.com
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:04:53 -0500

Eric;

> 16: Minolta Maxxum 9 (the new pro camera just introduced - Hey, basis for
> an R9? It's got stuff the F5 and EOS1n don't have!)

Have you had a chance to review this camera?  I don't know if I would take
the plunge into Minolta pro cameras until they provide some more proof of
their commitment.  I have not reviewed Minolta lenses in a long time.  How
are their fast telephoto lenses for AF applications.  How fast do these
focus compared to Nikon?

Paul Franz