Subject: Re: [Leica] Christmas in China
From: apbc <apbc@public1.sta.net.cn>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 98 23:10:38 +0800

Dear LUGGERS,

I just want to add my seasonal best wishes to all the good folks who make
the LUG  a welcome read for me here in China. Were it not for the
Internet and this newsgroup I would really be missing out: thank you all.

And my heartiest congratulations to Ted for his achievement: judging by
the quality of the photos in his book "This is our work" he should be
reaping awards by the armful. The passion he has for photography comes
through in his every message and keeps us grounded in the basic appeal of
the Leica - a tool for us to face the world and understand things just a
bit by looking a little closer and more carefully. Let's us each enjoy it
for that and never forget it is that urge that gives our object of
affection its special appeal.

Taking photographs or all sorts of things is what I do for a living but
nothing keeps me on track better than an M, one lens and some black and
white film when I go a wandering just to have another look at some place
I had thought familiar...

Let's go in this spirit to check out Santa's grotto!

All the best from the land that seems to produce all the tinsel but
almost none of the spirit of Christmas!

 Adrian

Adrian Bradshaw
Editorial and Corporate Photography