Subject: RE: [Leica] Help with a Nikon F/F2 to Leica M transition
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 16:10.59 +0100

John,

You might consider the M6HM, whose viewfinder is not far from the M3, and you get the metering. If you do go for an M3: I find that using an external meter is not that big a deal, even when using a 'difficult' film like Velvia.

Nathan
From   : "The Beal's" <jbeal@bendnet.com>
Sent   : 24.12.98
To     : Leica Users Group

   In looking for an M body, I'm torn between metering convenience and
focusing practicalities.  The M6 is attractive because of the TTL
metering, which is familiar to me via Nikon, and the prices have really
come down.  It is also newer with a potentially longer service life.
However, being burdened with eyeglasses, the M3 appeals to be because of
greater focusing accuracy and I have yet to hear much negative about the
M3 in this group.  My only hang-up about an M3 seems to be the process
of metering: is it that much more involved than a TTL system?  Is
metering an M3 with black & white filters more of a chore than with the
M6?