Subject: Re: [Leica] Help with a Nikon F/F2 to Leica M transition
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 15:08:55 -0600

>would even take it over the Summilux-M ASPH which is the old fashioned
>non computer ground way-too-many-bucks method.

Are you sure about this? Are you talking the more expensive first version
or the second version? As I figure, the 35 Summilux ASPH is way ahead of
the 35 Summicron ASPH at apertures wider than f/2. :-)

As for f/2, I think the Summilux is better. No? It's $1,000 USD more, but
in my book, it's worth it.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients
to plant vines. "
- - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)