Subject: [Leica] was Wedding pics. now kodak-fuji prices
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 20:52:54 -0800

Eric wrote:

>I think Kodak is trying to regain professional photographers who have been
>wooed away by Fuji. All they have to do is make their stuff the same price
>and they should succeed. Unfortunately, they think they can tell people
>that their film is so good that it takes less time to scan and print it, so
>that's where you'll save money.
>
>Give me a break. We're not stupid.>>>>>>

Hi Eric,

The key part of what you've said is: "make their stuff the same price". I
have no idea what they don't understand about pricing,  unless they have
the idea that if they charge more the message will be it's better because
it cost more.

Each time I receive a Kodak questionnaire on their products I always mark
the "price is too high" on their products and that's why many photographers
have gone to the other companies. Some how I imagine my answers never make
it past file 13.:)  Maybe some day they'll learn higher price isn't going
to sell more!
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant