Subject: RE: [Leica] Minilux or Hexar?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 08:10.18 +0100

I have owned both the Hexar and the Minilux. The Hexar is a better camera but it is NOT a point-and-shoot. First, it is big, and cannot be carried in a pocket or even a purse. The flash is an add-on. Secondly, as another LUGger pointed out, the Hexar asks you for quite a bit of input. The Minilux is nice IF you just want to shoot on automatic. But if you want to control flash modes etc., then you run into its lousy ergonomics. I would suggest that with your budget, you might want to look into some other models as well, such as the Contax, the Ricoh GR1 (my favorite) or even (much cheaper) the Olympus Mju range or the Pentax 928.

Nathan
From   : quem <annecy@hsnp.com>
Sent   : 26.12.98
To     : leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: [Leica] Minilux or Hexar?

I'm gonna buy my wife a good p&s camera and have narrowed the choice
between a Minilux (not the zoom)
and the Hexar Silver.  Price is not a factor as they are both about $575.
There is no camera shop where I live, so I'm unable to inspect these
cameras prior to ordering.  Several posts to this group were not exactly
complimentary concerning the Minilux.  At any rate, given these two
choices, which is the better camera?

TIA for any and all comments,
           ke