Subject: RE: Re: [Leica] Minilux or Hexar?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 20:34.16 +0100

Hi Bud,

I want the flash control OFF 90% of the time. This is just my style of shooting--I want to use available light as much as possible. So for me the bad flash mode control setup on the Minilux was a MAJOR issue. I am not saying that the pictures taken with the Minilux were bad, but for me, the problem with the ergonomics outweighed everything else. And the lens quality of the GR1 is just as good, assuming that you like the 28mm focal length.

This whole thread just goes to show that there really is no substitute for trying a camera for yourself before making the purchase (or buying with a return privilege).

Nathan
From   : "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Sent   : 27.12.98
To     : leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: [Leica] Minilux or Hexar?

Most of the time you leave the flash control on automatic so emphasis on
some sort of problem with the Mode control is way overblown IMHO.

As I pointed out earlier, this is a minor concern in the overall scheme of
things and ignores the far more important strengths of the camera.

BTW, one of these days I'm going to give that GR-1 a try.  If you're right
about it, there really is a Tooth Fairy:-)

Bud