Subject: Re: [Leica] winning b/w combination
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 11:23:22 EST

Thanks for the note Eric!

I will give it another try and thanks for your recommendations.  I am not
familiar with the term Press Maxx developer.  Is this something that is
available only for the professional market?

I agree with you on not being able to push Delta 100 or 400.  I tried the 400
to 800 once and didn't like it at all.  The Delta 3200 shot at ISO 800 is
really nice.

Thanks,

Bob Bedwell

<< Give it a test with Press Maxx developer. Or TMax developer when you push
 it. Amazing imagine. But as I said, it's very sensitive to processing
 variations. I always used it with 30 sec. less development than Kodak
 advises, and found it worked beautifully for me. And drop it one more
 minute to pull to 200. It used to blow away the pictures taken with Tri-X
 not only for grain but for gorgeous tones when shot in extremely high
 contrast situations. Football game at high noon for example. Tri-X shot at
 400 and you didn't see anything under the helmets. With my pictures, you
 could see their eyelashes.

 Of course, I was using a 280 2.8 Apo Telyt. (First version). :-) But when I
 would tell my fellow journalism students that's why my pictures were so
 much better than theirs, there was a collective groan. (Then we'd all laugh).

 Truthfully, if Delta works for you, go for it. I did fine it finder grained
 than TMax 100, and sharper too. But it doesn't push worth diddly. But then,
 who pushes 100 film on p >>