Subject: Re: [Leica] minilux or hexar
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:23:04 -0700

I'll second that recommendation for a Minox 35! I think the viewfinder is at
least okay, and love the tiny size, convenience, and yes, it's ability to do
available light and "decisive moment" type photos. Price is very reasonable
too, particularly if you can find a 35GT or the like on the used market (do
check to ensure that the shutter's working, and not merely going "click"
though). Fit it with some form of wrist strap, toss out the (n)eveready
case, and you are set!

Can't see myself spending $500++ for the likes of a Minilux--how serious a
tool can it be when it's got no lens hood? I'm already having a fuss with my
Kodak DC260 over this very point, and forsee a bit of hardware hacking in
it's future! At this price range, I'd as soon look into buying a Fuji GA645:
It makes for a lightweight and flat package, and can be used with only
minimal experience. Stick to Ilford roll film, and it'll even leave a
person's breath a tad mintier :-)

Jeff Segawa
See my photography online at
http://www.netone.com/~segawa