Subject: Re: [Leica] digital photography - a BIG frustration
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 00:06:01 -0700

Hmmm, I should be so lucky price-wise: I've been quoted $20/scan for Pro
PhotoCD and $40 per drum scan! I've got a bunch of images 6x4.5 and larger
which are going to have to wait awhile for their web debuts!

Output-wise, can any home inkjet printer pretty consistently turn out prints
which are free from any sign of banding? Or can a $600 Dye-sub printer serve
as a person's only printer (a rare letter or two) without burning through
$50+ worth of non-refillable dye carts real quickly? Can a person use said
printer to create 8x10 negatives, which could then be contact-printed onto
#2 photographic paper, for easy fine art prints?

Jeff Segawa
See my photography online at
http://www.netone.com/~segawa