Subject: Re: [Leica] new non-leica M-mount rangefinders?
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 16:57:06 -0700

Dear Rolf,
One way to get into Leica would be to opt for the f2 35mm lens srather than
the f1.4. It's lighter and would save some money. The m6 with the 35 lens is
a great combo, and I hope you can find a way to make it work. Looking into
the future it is likely that the M6 would hold its value and quality better
and longer than the CL. Cream always floats in the long term.
Sincerely,
Joe Stephenson
+++++++++
Rolf wrote:
I've been contemplating a Leica M6 +35mm lens for about a year.
Currently I'm using a Nikon SLR outfit and a Canonet gIII q-17
rangefinder. 90% of my photos could be taken with a 35/1.4 lens
and I really prefer the silence of a rangefinder for indoor shooting
of musicians. I am researcher and a part-time student so the $$$
outlay for the M6 is a big chunk of my income. I have been
contemplating a CL as a lower cost alternative but have read that
they are difficult (impossible?) to focus with fast lenses.