Subject: Re: [Leica] Visoflex on Ebay
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 23:23:18 -0600

>Help.
>
>Can someone take a look see at the digital image on this ebay page and tell
>me if my description is lacking anything, e.g. is it really a Visoflex II,
>what is the middle attachement called, etc?
>
>Thanks very much.
>
>Steve
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=51867753

This does indeed seem to be a Visoflex II.  Its definately NOT a Visoflex III.
The only other thing it COULD be is a Visoflex IIa, but I don't think it is.  ANd
if it IS a IIa then you are getting a better bargain (IIa lets you choose between
instant-return mirror and lock-up mirror).

The part between the lens and Visoflex is a OUBIO unit which acts as an
extender for the lens.  The older Lenses, including the Telyt 200/4, were
designed to work with the Visoflex I, which was physically longer than
the Visoflex II, IIa and III.  The OUBIO is added to a Viso II, IIa or III when
one of the "older" lenses is used so that distances match up right.

The part on top of the Visoflex II body is an OTXBO.  It is a prism housing
that also magnifies by 4X.

You might want to confirm with the seller whether this is a Screw mount
or M-mount Visoflex.  If its a screw mount and you have an M-body you can
still use it with one of the screw to M-mount adapters.  If its an M-mount and
you have a screw-mount body -- well, then your screwed!  ;-)

Mark Hammons