Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Apples and Oranges
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 07:17:12 +0100

Walter S Delesandri wrote:
>..<CUT>...
> 1. Leica bodies are mechanically superior to ANY OTHER. (Is this
> true today?  With an embarassing rate of warranty returns? HELL NO)

Walter,

Could you communicate to us the "rate of warranty returns". I've been
looking for such figures and never been able to find them...

> As for R-user, I can't understand or explain them, I just hope the
> R-system doesn't bury Leica financially.

Up to a few weeks ago, i did not understand them either. Stay away from
them 'cause if you start using something like a R8 + 100mm apo-macro,
you will get one more serious wallet drain due to Leica's seduction
apparel...

Alan