Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Apples and Oranges
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 07:17:34 -0600 (CST)

Dear Eric/Pascal,

"OPINION", my friends......repeat slowly, "OPINION"!!!!!
I NEVER told you NOT to use R cameras.........I just made
a point that they're NOT exclusive in today's world....They may
soon be, but the Nikon F3 is a finely crafted, electronic,
manual focus SLR......so WAS the Canon F1.....Contax S2, etc.
These are all top quality, finely crafted SLR cameras with
a (disappearing) line of fine, fast, MF lenses.....I"ve
owned, loved, and used SL, R3, R4, R4sp and handled my share
of 6.2s and R-lenses....I love 'em.....BUT, they're not going
to change the minds of the average "photojournalist" using
Canon/Nikon AF top end stuff.  I talk with several of these
people regularly, and they all use Ms also, but wouldn't even
THINK of buying R......in fact, if Nikon or Canon had a top-end
RFDR (a real one), they'd probably not have Leica M, either.....
too troublesome for an incredibly expensive camera.....BUT,
there IS not another to choose...........

Walt

On Thu, 31
Dec