Subject: Re: [Leica] Apples and Oranges, cromlech and soccer
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 10:57:02 -0600

>tough subject whether you use auto focus or not. I know a number of news
>guys shooting sports who _____turn off the auto focus!_______ I bet that's
>a surprise to the folks saying auto focus is the be all to end all for
>shooting sports or any action.

Ted's right.

There are many sports that I turn off the AF (when I use AF cameras) and
some that I leave it on. Track and field often are good subjects for AF.
Long jumpers and such who are coming at you. But not pole vaulters. MF is
much better. Baseball? No AF for me. Football. Depends. Soccer, sometimes
good, sometimes not. Depends on what you're shooting. Don't try it through
a net.

Life is not easy, neither is photography. AF and MF take experience to do
it right.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Consciousness: that annoying time between naps