Subject: Re: [Leica] Bruce Davidson exhibit
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 20:58:57 -0500

Ting,

I bought the book "Brooklyn Gang" when ICP first announced it. If the
display photos mirror half their power as in the book it must be an
incredible exhibition. I don't know if Davidson was using Leica at the time
but the technique and style certainly represent those street photographing
qualities that a Leica lends itself to.

Several things strike me about the images. These include that many of the
photos are not sharp but have tremendous power regardless. Second, that Mr.
Davidson was working in some extremes of low-lighting and was able to
achieve dramatic photos with equipment that was stone-age back in 1959
compared to what is available today. Something to think about.

Carl Socolow