Subject: Re: [Leica] Landscapes Advice
From: Kent Jon Peters <KPETERS@huntel.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 18:47:59 -0800

Leica List <Leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.usa>

I noticed someone was asking about landscapes with the R4; I agree with
the tripod response.  In question of films, if the end goal is prints,
perhaps you'd be better off shooting slow print film (ie Kodak 25,
etc).  I've had very good luck with Technical Pan film and if you're
using a solid tripod and good development/printing, you can easily
achieve 16x20 or 20x30" prints that are very acceptable for grain and
sharpness.  It is a downside that there's no mirror lock up on this
otherwise excellent camera setup.  Good luck!  Kent
ps.  I use various red filters with the Tech Pan and they work great;
warming filters/polarizers or combinations are great for colour print
film.  Cibachrome prints from slides are great, but sometimes
reproducing the saturation, colours can be difficult-- you need a good
printer. If you're going to publish, I recommend shooting slide film.
Kent