Subject: [Leica] SM Use
From: Robert Meier <RobertMeier@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 01:29:39 -0500

I am very happy to hear from all the users of IIIa's, IIIc's, and IIIf's.
I am reassured that I'm not crazy in liking the camera, lens and results as
much as I do.  I too have found its size to be just wonderful for carrying
and for handling.  And Leitz is definitely going the other direction with
the TTL M6, adding millimeters to its height rather than subtracting them.
Perhaps the new Yasunara, or however it's spelled, will be a worthwhile
body to put a SM Summicron or Summitar on, but I suspect it too will be
bigger than a IIIc.  Having TTL metering would be useful for shooting
Kodachrome.