Subject: [Leica] Leica Users digest V5 #86
From: Robert Meier <RobertMeier@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 18:11:16 -0500

Message text written by INTERNET:leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>I forgot to mention, that if you find a nice clean Elmar 5cm collapsible
lens, that it is a perfect complement to the IIIx cameras- I bit heavy, but
you can put it in a pocket, and the lens performance for a lot of work is
good- even with the max apterture of f3,5! One of the most compact kits you
can carry!<

Dan,

I'm trying to talk a friend out of his IIIc and 3.5 Elmar right now.  My
argument is that he will do better using his Retina IIIc because it has a
much faster f2 lens, a built-in meter, and focuses to 2 1/2 feet.  I'm
keeping my fingers crossed.

Bob