Subject: Re: [Leica] NYD
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 22:19:05 +0000

Mocha exhibits a trait shown many years ago by the first dog, the
great chow Dickie.  Even in his arthritic final years he went after
a visiting Bouvier twice his size - and not in a loving sense either.
In his prime, he too was fearless except for the one time he
encountered a horse.  He became a total wimp and simply retreated
once the horse started moving toward him.

And to stay on topic, his portrait was on the first roll I ever shot
with a Leica - M3 and 50 DR Summicron. A print together with his
collar and tag hangs in my living room as a reminder to the labrador
of what a dog should be. The labrador, however, rolls his eyes every
time a Dickie story is told.

The malady has subsided - repeated consumption of the LUG beverage
seems to have done the trick.

Roy