Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Chemistry Questions
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 21:45:59 -0600

>  "TXT and HC-110 Dilution B is one of the worst present day film/developer
> combinations, yielding harsh gradation and "soot-and-chalk" tonalities."

They are right that it is one of the worst combinations. But not for those
reasons. The main reason is that HC-110 dil. B causes Tri-X to have big, big
grain without the benefit of the big grain that Rodinal gives - sharp gain.
HC-110 grain is not nearly as sharp. Tri-X Pro and HC-110 are great because you
don't have to worry about enlargement nearly as much as with 35mm.

But the WORST combination I've tried so far is HC-100 dil B and TMax 400.
Horrible!
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients
to plant vines. "
- - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)