Subject: RE: [Leica] Luftwaffen Leica - Help with Identification
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 09:55:36 -0500

Let me ask a philosophical/ethical/political question which I'm sure is
going to raise a few LUG hackles:

Aren't there some "collectibles" that, given their provenance, shouldn't be
collected other than in Museums. Or, are their certain items that we should
neither invest in nor profit from? For instance, would anyone on the list
collect a human skin lamp shade? Where should the line be drawn?

Just a thought.

B. D.

(And, by the way, to eliminate a line of questioning before it arises, I am
a "genetic" Jew who was raised in an atheist/agnostic household and whose
only religious training came from attending an Episcopal boarding school for
five years.)