Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Luftwaffen Leica - Help with Identification
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 09:30:45 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

I've wondered these things myself.....HOWEVER< I don't think that ANYTHING
belongs in a museum IF an individual WANTS to own it.....I absolutely
believe in private ownership of anything......

I prefer to profit from my collectibles when I run across them and convert
them into 'usables'.////////

This way, the "collectors", those with money at least (is there any other kind?)
get the "collectibles",. and I get my "user" m-stuff.....(non collectible, even
inc. canon lenses !! -Some of them are superb!)  works for everybody......

As for the "lampshades", no I sure wouldn't collect them!!! I find that
offensive.....I wonder why more Jews don't shun German cars/cameras????

I have a friend (orthodox, practicing Jew) who I've known for YEARS and
he has no problem with Leica, BMW, etc....he like most Germans, and
their products.....but don't put him in the same room with other
middle-easterners!!!  He owns collectible, WW-II, Reich-vintage cameras, and
loves them..... I guess it takes all kinds.....he laughs when I bring up
the obvious........he just says, "but WHO'S got the shit now??

Interesting, tho volatile questions.....

Walt
A non-practicing Italian catholic with few moral dilemnas......
Happy new year.