Subject: Re: [Leica] Project '99 ? a picture a day!
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 21:36:01 +0100

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the encouragement--I will follow you suggestion and scale "the project"
down to once a week. I have a lot of admiration for the pro shooters out there,
precisely because of what you describe here. That is why I usually reply "no" when
friends or family ask me whether I would like to be a professional photographer. I
realize that a lot of the time it must be a drudgery, and only the very selected few
(the Adams's and Salgados of this world) get to shoot what they want and make a living
too.

Nathan

csocolow wrote:

> Nathan,
>
> I know how you feel. You should try doing it for a living for real. You
> have to be creative and inspired and fresh and trying to make photos
> that no one else could make as well as trying not to repeat what you've
> already done on other jobs or assignments.
>
> That's what I have my Leicas for. When it starts to feel like work I
> take one of my Leicas (which I keep loaded with film only for myself)
> and go wandering. I keep it with me even when I'm running errands or
> just going to the bar. These are my photos. Not client photos. Then you
> rediscover what it is you love about photography.
>
> If it helps take the pressure off don't worry about a meaningful photo a
> day. Consider, as others are doing, one a week. Make it fun and make it
> a chronology.
>
> Carl Socolow

>   Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
>   Socolow Photography