Subject: [Leica] H C-B [was] Project '99 ? a picture a day!
From: GERALD HAUSSLER <GHAUSSLE@email.usps.gov>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 13:08:31 -0600

     eric;

     >I'd love to only shoot what I want to. But that's not going to pay
     >the bills. (But I ain't no Adams, or Cartier-Bresson (who was rich,
     >so he didn't have to work for a living).

     on the subject of H C-B, was it he who was once asked how he got into
     photography and his response was (paraphrasing)
     "...it happened much the same way as a woman gets into prostitution.
     first you do it for fun, then you do it for your friends and
     eventually you do it for money".
     ...or am i confusing this statement with someone else ? lartigue ?

     regards

     jerry