Subject: Re: [Leica] LeicaBooze and question #2
From: GERALD HAUSSLER <GHAUSSLE@email.usps.gov>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 18:41:30 -0600

     o.k. i'll bite...
     in my 20's ...and even late teens (but don't tell) it was jack
     daniels. 30's switched to remy martin v.s.o.p. & later to 'napolean'
     or XO as allowed. more recently it was gin, mostly because of a 6'1"
     brunette trophy who has since dropped off the radar screen. ultimately
     the clear stuff doesn't sit that well with me and i have always
     wondered about scotch. i recall quite some time ago trying something
     called "pinch"...(not what i did to her at the bar) low octane fuel
     had always been import beer until a few years ago switching to red
     grape. i appreciate the banter and have been taking notes.
     just for the record, all i've been able to mix with any of these is a
     glass. the only thing i put over ice is dektol but only when the temp
     in the darkroom is above 68. :-)
     speaking of complete overhauls...the local leica tech. has retired
     (cudabac, s.f. bay area) maybe as a result of the whopping 2 repairs i
     sent his way in 25 years. so i browse the LUG web page for service
     recommendations. conspicuous in their absence are leica (n.j.), the
     highly touted DAG and stephen gandy. my situation; i just bought 2
     M4 MOT's and want them overhauled.(one's jammed) my question; what's
     the dirt ? your replies will be held in strictest confidence...the
     secretary will disavow any knowledge...yada...yada...yada

     regards

     jerry haussler