Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:M6TTL batteries
From: WILLIAM CALDWELL <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 02:54:38 -0500

SNIP --

>I rarely turn the dial to 'OFF' but then I never have
> with my other two M6 classics and had no battery draining problem wtih
> them...
> Adrian

SNIP --

In the near past, I though it better to have the M6 Classic shutter set
at a speed (1/125 -- with a f1.4 35mm ASPH on the body) I could readily
use if needed.  However, after experiencing battery drain twice while
the M6 was in the bag I was made a convert and now I set the shutter at
B if the camera is bagged and not in immediate use.  Yes, I carry spare
batteries in the same bag, but experience taught me that I was losing
battery power in my M6 before I should have .  My M6 hasn't lost a
battery prematurely since I started using the B setting before bagging
the camera.

Respectfully and the best of light,

Bill Caldwell
Northern Virginia