Subject: Re: [Leica] Things Swedish
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 23:59:08 -0700

"Richard W. Hemingway" wrote:

> Mark,
>
>  >recessive Kentucky Gentleman Gene. My Swedish wife can't stand Pickled
> >fish which I have always found delicious. My mothers fathers name was a
>
> Mine either - but I do!  Also when we were in Sweden (with Leica R4/50/2.0
> and Hassleblad plus 80/2.8) the Hassleblad plant was closed for vacation
> (July).  Interestingly, just across from the plant is the dock from which
> my mother-in-law left for the the US in the early 1900's.
>
> Dick hemingway
> Plano, TX

My wife's Dad came here in the 20's when he was 8.
I also am heavy into Hasselblad AND drive a Volvo (75 station wagon). Do
I have an attraction for things and people Swedish?
It all kind of crept up on me.
Well, the landscape sure appeals to me, it is at the top of the list of
places I would love to photograph.
Others would be Iceland, New Zealand and Alaska