Subject: Re: [Leica] Things Swedish
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 13:31:08 -0600

Mark,

>My wife's Dad came here in the 20's when he was 8.
>I also am heavy into Hasselblad AND drive a Volvo (75 station wagon). Do
>I have an attraction for things and people Swedish?
>It all kind of crept up on me.
>Well, the landscape sure appeals to me, it is at the top of the list of
>places I would love to photograph.
>Others would be Iceland, New Zealand and Alaska

We are traveling parallel paths.  Both my wife's parents came from Sweden
and met here.  Swedish was her first language and she corresponded with her
relatives in Sweden all her life.  We went over in 1986 - it was great fun.
 I like the Swedish people and, yes, we owned a 1958 Volvo (purchased new)
and kept it for 11-12 years and sold it to a law student at SMU, after it
had 185,000 miles on it - he drove it up the Alaskan highway where he
started law practice.  Owned three different Hasselblad bodies and 4-5
lenses.  If I only shot print film I probably would have never sold it. I
also had a Hasselblad projector. When we went to Sweden on the trip I took
the R4 and the hasselblad and took about 300-400 2 1/4 slides.  Glass
mounted them.  They knocked me out on a 60x60 or 70x70 screen.  I would
like to get back but my wife won't fly over again (we are in our middle
70's) I would go in a minute.

thanks for the reply, take care.

Dick Hemingway
Plano.TX