Subject: Re: [Leica] Chalk and Charcoal in HC110
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 20:17:59 -0700

Dan Post wrote:

> Mark-
> Does the Potassium Iodide work as a restrainer much like Potassium Bromide?,
> and are they interchangable?
> DAn
> dwpost@msn.com

Yes, I got this from the Dignam book you may be familiar with. Got it it
from photographers formulary. (book and chemicals) It is said to be
nasty stuff so buy some rubber gloves. There's some very good reason
knew once why they wanted you to use this stuff.
"Pioneer work on the technique was don by Willi Beutler working for
Tetanal-Photowerk in Germany. His formula, originally published in the
Leica news, ..." by Gerald Koch in Dignam photographic 150
do-it-yourself Black and White Popular Photographic formulas vol. no 1g 1977
Metal, 1grm,
Sodium sulfite, anh., 5g,
Potassium Iodide, 0.001% solution, 2.5 mils,
Sodium Carbonate, mono 5.85g,
water	 to make 1 liter.
I have always been 70 degree guy
I developed panatomic x for 9 minutes with a one minute water presoak. I
think I used to use photoflo in the presoak.
I always you metal tanks and agitate the fist whole minute and for ten
seconds per minute alternating between inversion and rotation. Despite
recent revelations to the contrary.
Using this with Panatomic x, a nikon FM and moterdrive with a dented 105
2.5 lens doing much avant gaarde fashion/style and portrait work in
Portland OR '77-'97.
Yes