Subject: [Leica] I Got 24mm of Blues
From: "T.Lavrakas" <lavrakas@matrix.ru>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 22:57:55 +0300

While a good portion of the list have been consuming themselves with
Noctilust, I've been nursing my own hunger - I'm dying for a 24mm to use on
my M6.  Of course, the new ASPH model would be great, but the price makes
me nauseous (on this point, whenever my spell-checker reads 'Leica,', it
suggests 'leaches' as an appropriate alternative).  I read somewhere (I
think it was on that wily dog Steve Gandy's site) that the old R 24mm f/4
can be used on the M - there is even supposed to be an adapter available to
make it happen.  Is this so?  How much would such a set-up cost, and has
anyone 'experienced' this lens?

By the way, I thought the discussion on WWII and Luftwaffe Leicas was one
of the most interesting threads the group has ever followed, and I extend
my thanks to the participants.  And while I enjoy the sweet, sweet booze as
much an any of you, please, please, please, enough already.  Being a camera
nerd is a full-time job - so please, guys, get back to work.

And on the subject of good girlfriends, I bought mine a Zenit 112k and a
'Mir' 20mm lens for Christmas (pulled it all in for less than $100 - how
far the mighty ruble has fallen), and in spite of that she still seems to
like me. When the crisis in Russia wiped me out, I considered selling my
IIIf, Contax II and some other stuff (not the M6, though - that goes when I
go) to get some ready cash together. HRH said, "Don't you dare - those
cameras are like beautiful jewels."  She has also referred to the M6 as
being 'sexy.'  I think she is the coolest chick I have ever met.

Best wishes,

Tom Lavrakas
lavrakas@matrix.ru