Subject: [Leica] Dropped My M6
From: "T.Lavrakas" <lavrakas@matrix.ru>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 23:08:02 +0300

It was in a padded insert inside a Domke bag, and only fell about three
feet.  It landed on the rewind knob, which just about bent in half.
Everything else seems OK, but at this point I need a screwdriver to rewind
the film - not exactly the Leica Experience.  It's still under warranty,
but I won't be anywhere near the US for months - I wonder what the chances
are that Leica would just mail me a new rewind knob?  I'm having some sort
of server trouble right now, and can't get internet access, so would
someone be so kind as to send me the relevant Leica USA email address,
where I can direct a suitably pitiful missive? I'm not expecting much, but,
you know, hope springs eternal.

By the way, thanks to everyone who replied to my R24mm on M6 query. It goes
to show you that no matter how silly the question, there's always people on
the list ready with informed, intelligent answers. Thanks again, fellers.

Tom Lavrakas
lavrakas@matrix.ru