Subject: Re: AW: [Leica] problems with picture
From: "dan states" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 15:17:47 PST

I agree that it is a chemistry issue.  I noticed that the aberation
extends slightly to the left on the bottom left
corner of the frame, which would rule out sutter issues.  Also, a
tapering shutter would not cause the strange
color shift that this picture exhibits.  Lens flare is unlikely also due
to the shape of the stain. I would take a look
at the negative to see if it shows this problem.  If not you can have
the picture reprinted.  either way the
processor owes you a refund!   CUTE BABY.
Dan

>Hi Harold,
>in my opinion the defect is not this orange or yellow cast in the left
si=
>de.
>It's the same cast as on the right side and comes from the yellow
tungste=
>light. The defect is this magenta/blue line. It could be a natural or
blu=
>ish
>light source behind you. It also could be some flair from the strong
ligh=
>falling through the door. But I think it's a chemistry problem;
especiall=
>because its a little bit washed out at the bottom.
>Bernhard
>
>-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
>Von: leica-users-admin@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>[mailto:leica-users-admin@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]Im Auftrag von Harold
>Gess
>Gesendet am: Montag, 8. Januar 2080 19:03
>An: Leica Users Group
>Betreff: [Leica] problems with picture
>
>Hi
>
>Please, if you have a moment,  look at the picture at the address
below.

>I took it the other day with M6 Summicron 50mm but can't understand the
>orange cast down the left hand side. I thought at first it might be
>shutter-bounce, but the exposure seems the same, just an orange cast.
Any