Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica copy Zorki
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 00:34:38 -0600

>I just purchased a "Leica Copy" Zorki (I guess it's a loose copy of a
>Leica II-- this particular camera).  Haven't got it yet, but was
>wondering if anyone ever uses these "copies" as inexpensive second
>bodies for SM Leica lenses.  Thought this would be  an interesting
>thought... Also wondering, is anyone else collecting these dogs????
>kent

Well,  I almost don't want to mention this -- but i just bought a FED 1g.  I
did so to have a practice camera to open up so I could learn how to repair
the LTM Leicas -- to at least some degree.  Have bought some general
and specific repair manuals, tools and even some watch oil and lube.
I just want to be able to at least do minor repair and see how far I can go.
After all, these are strictly mechanical cameras -- no electronics to dink with.

Mark Hammons