Subject: Re: [Leica] New, kind, gentle, non offensive, P.C. subject
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 21:28:23 -0600

>Walt
>
>Seriously, it's obvious by now that most of us use some
>Leica M, in addition to an SLR for macro/long lens work.
>Some use Leica R, some Nikon, some Canon......DON't want
>to hear that BS again....BUT:
>
>Do any of you own and use, as "personal" gear (probably non-
>professionally) any truly wierd crap?  Alpa anyone?  Contarex
>Super/Professional?  "real" Exactas? Even wierder? lets limit
>it to 35mm.....

Well, does the Olympus OM system qualify as truly wierd? ;-)

Seriously, I do have an Exacta Varex IIb that was my Grandfathers.
I keep it for sentimental value but just the other day bought an
Angenieux 35mm F2.5 lens for it -- which should arrive in the
mail later this week.  I will use the Exacta some at that point.
The lenses my grandfather had for the camera ( and which I
have) is a Zeiss 50/2 Pancolar and some kind of 50mm macro
that goes down to 1:1.

Just got to get use to that left-hand operation.

Mark Hammons