Subject: Re: [Leica] dropped my binoculars
From: Xavier Logean <xavier.logean@epfl.ch>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:06:24 +0100

TEXWORKER@aol.com wrote:

> Bill,
> My son dropped mine while mountain climbing and the left back part of the tube
> was broken off.  Prism was also cracked and the lens scratched.

I dropped my Swarowski binoculars ( which quality is a little bit lower than
Zeiss and Leica binoculars) one year ago. No lenses, no prisms were
broken only axe(s) or screw(s) were broken since the focus was working only on
one eye. They send the binocular to the factory, I paid 200 Swiss Franc (USD
140). The binoculars were 1500 Swiss Franc (USD 1000).

With lenses and prism broken, you'd probably better try to find
a friend who has an insurance, if he breaks somebody else stuff...
or buy a new one.

good luck

Xavier.