Subject: Re: [Leica] dropped my binoculars
From: ejdong@juno.com (Evan J Dong)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:54:50 -0500

How about trying Deutsche Optik in San Diego, CA?  Their number is 1 -
800 - 225 - 9407.  The top technican is a fellow named John and the owner
is Mike Rivkin.
I sent in my CZJ 8 X  30 Deltrintem for repairs.  The focus was
completely off in the right ocular and the prism was cracked in side.
THe total cost for repair was $110. I thought that was very reasonable.
I beleive that they will give you an estimate over the phone if you
describe the problem to him.  ALso I beleive that a visual esimate would
be freee minus the shipping and insurance charges.  They also have a
website:
	       www.DEUTSCHEOPTIK.COM

Hope this can help you out.

Evan Dong

On Sun, 10 Jan 1999 20:52:35 -0600 Bill Grimwood <bgrim@garply.com>
writes:
>I have dropping problems also.  I dropped my old 10 X 40 Trinovids
>yesterday.  Neither the front or rear lens is broken but it appears
>the
>internal prism is broken.  What experiences have your LUGers had with
>binocular repair?  should I send them to Leica Camera or to some
>individual
>that specializes in this type of repair.
>
>Bill

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]