Subject: Re: [Leica] Dropped my M6!
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 18:57:19 -0600 (CST)

Only sometimes......in some cases, I believe, it's the importer
who has to take care of it....anyway, if Leitz themselves do it,
bear in mind that it's the poor guy working for $10 an hour,
non-exempt (time puncher) who does it with a QUOTA of cameras
to fix.....not the healthiest thing for YOUR repair......

If the stupid bastard who removed the $.50 adjustment had to
actually adjust the RFDR, things would be different.  He was
an engineer, working under the pressure of a bean counter.
We, however, still pay the same price......

My former mentor/employer WORKED for Leitz repair....of course,
thing MIGHT have changed, but years ago working conditions
in Leitz repair were not what you'd base a career on.....

Walt