Subject: Re: [Leica] vintage collapsibles
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 18:05:04 -0700

Dear Gary and Dawn,
I, too, have given thought to a collaposable lens. However, upon reflection
I decided to get a 150mm enlarger lens instead. The collaposable lenses look
great, and are very small and handy. However, I have a recent Sumicron and a
Summarit, so it really doesn't make sense to get another 50mm lenses. But it
would be cool to have one . . . . .
Aincerely,
Joe Stephenson
Gary and Dawn wrote:
I have been thinking of getting a second 50mm (don't tell my wife this, but
I'd sure like a second M bod) second hand to use for those f16 type of days,
where wide open performance is not as crucial.  Do you guys have any
thoughts on this.  I have a 50mm summicron and was thinking of getting a
vintage 50mm f3.5 elmar in M mount?  Is this practical, or should I just
stick with my 50mm cron or buy a new style collapsible?
gary