Subject: Re: [Leica] pocket camera
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 02:28:09 +0000

At 05:37 PM 1/11/99 -0700, you wrote:
>The Rollei 35 is the true pocket Leica or Leica M.5. (that's M point
>five). That's not including screw mount Leica of course.
>These other cameras are plastic plastic plastic with not a capital p.
>My regard for the precious metal Rollei's are that they belong hanging
>from  your rear view mirror.
>Get an old one, the Singapore models are ok.

I always think of these as matchbox Leicas. I'm interested in why you say
get an old one, or do you mean an original type rather than a Classic? I
have two old German ones with the Carl Zeiss lenses and a Singapore 35S and
I really don't know what I like best.
Also- anyone ever use one of these with the neckstrap? Its the same as the
wriststrap but a fair bit longer. Its the only way I know to walk around
with two at the same time, both ready to use, without banging them
together; one on the wriststrap, one round my neck.

Joe Berenbaum