Subject: Re: [Leica] Totally false?? HCB and l'instant décisif
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:44:03 -0700

>Snip
>His view of HCB was that he was aggressive and didn't care
> much for what people thought. That he was a bit rude, even. So I don't find it
> hard to believe, but it is disappointing I guess. We like to think well of
> people whose work we respect.
>
> Eric Welch

I find it reassuring that our gods and saints are for from it.
This year I've learned other than HCB being far from invisible:
Einstein was far from the kindly old man he is always portrayed as being.
Sister Teresa withheld painmeds from people dying painfully and slowing
telling them their pain was the kiss of Jesus.
Ansel Adams wife ran his film.
I'd love to find out more but the babies in my basement need basteing
Mark Rabiner.