Subject: Re: [Leica] Preconceived pictures
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:12:57 -0800

christer almqvist wrote:

>What about you: are your pictures planned/preconceived or not? Does it make
>them better or not?>>>>>>>>

Christer,

I hate preconceiving anything as it generally looks lousy when I see the
frame after. No matter how mauch fooling around trying to make it work.

My pictures are those things, light, people, whatever is going on that
instantaneously motivate me to shoot,  preconceiving a football player or
doctor doing their thing is completely out of the question for "real time"
picture taking.

Now I imagine there are many Leica users who do preconceive what they want
to put on film, that's OK because I'd assume that the photographer might
lean toward the "fine art" category than the photojournalist who wants only
the 1/30th of a second of captured unplanned time!

What I find interesting is how both types of photographer are served by the
same camera...M6 or other Leica, to make outstanding photographs
preconceived or real life. The camera is the common bond between both even
though one doesn't relate to the other type of pictures.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant