Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M or R
From: Alexander <mediadyne@hol.gr>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:15:52 +0200

- --------------6BEB9227C026EE49A95C65E2

> >Hi ,I'm new to Leica-user.
> >I'm going to buy a Leica M or R,very soon.
> >Because I just sold my Nikon F90x with 80-200mm f2.8 lens.
> >I'm very interesting in Leica M6 with 28 or 35mm lens and one 90mm
> >lens.But I want to know beside the "Leica R" is a SLR camera.Is it
> >better than Leica M?
>
> No, they are very complementary if you wish. The R system stands alone just
> fine. It has a much more extensive line of lenses, for obvious reasons. But
> the M camera is more distinct from what other manufacturers offer. If you
> want the ultimate Leica experience, get an M6. If you want the best optics
> in the world, M and R stand pretty much equal (in similar generations of
> lenses).
>
> Eric Welch

I use the R4s, R7, and R8, and believe me, I am getting the ultimate Leica experience.
It all depends on what you want to do with your camera. If you want macro work, zooms, and prefer SLRs, then obviously the R is the way to go. If you like rangefinders, then go for the M.
The question is rather easy to answer, as you are comparing a SLR to a rangefinder.
Try them both, think about your needs and choose. You can't go wrong either way.

- --
Regards,
Alexander

http://www.mediadyne.gr/photos

- --------------6BEB9227C026EE49A95C65E2

<pre>>Hi ,I'm new to Leica-user.
>I'm going to buy a Leica M or R,very soon.
>Because I just sold my Nikon F90x with 80-200mm f2.8 lens.
>I'm very interesting in Leica M6 with 28 or 35mm lens and one 90mm
>lens.But I want to know beside the "Leica R" is a SLR camera.Is it
>better than Leica M?

No, they are very complementary if you wish. The R system stands alone just
fine. It has a much more extensive line of lenses, for obvious reasons. But
the M camera is more distinct from what other manufacturers offer. If you
want the ultimate Leica experience, get an M6. If you want the best optics
in the world, M and R stand pretty much equal (in similar generations of
lenses).

Eric Welch</pre>
I use the R4s, R7, and R8, and believe me, I am getting the ultimate Leica
experience.
macro work, zooms, and prefer SLRs, then obviously the R is the way to
go. If you like rangefinders, then go for the M.
a rangefinder.
either way.

- --------------6BEB9227C026EE49A95C65E2--