Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 21mm leitz
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:19:56 +0100

Martin,

You have to shop around. Keep checking places like the Leica Shop in Vienna,
Fieldgrass & Gale in the UK, or Foto Hobby in Frankfurt. You can let them
know what you are looking for and they will call you when it is available.
But most places advertise only equipment in really good condition, mint or
excellent. If you are looking for a beat-up lens with good glass at a good
price, then I am afraid you need to take a trip south--I have found some
good bargains here in Belgium or in the Netherlands. My recent Noctilux
purchase at about $1400 was a case in point--I only heard of the lens
because Lucien was kind enough to fax me a flyer from the shop in a small
town near Maastricht. The lens, BTW, is in mint condition.

Nathan

Martin V. Howard wrote:

> Just did.  Examples: 21mm f3.4 SA rated as BGN (bargain) go for
> $1079-$1429.  Rated EX a chrome one is $1299.  A 50mm f2.8 Elmar
> collapsible rated BGN goes for $349.
>
> A 75mm f1.4 Summilux at LN- is $1799.  The same lens at EX+ is $1669.
>
> Seems like (a) strange pricing and (b) far from bargains.
>
> M.
>
> --
> Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
> Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just "DOHH" it!
> SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
> Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho

- --
Nathan Wajsman